View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 03:48 PM   #149
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Cav's thread of posting lots of pics but not achieving very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
This bloke definitely missed out on cake...

Hey Mary, sorry Marty - I thought long and hard about how I would respond to this.

As you all know this thread is a hoot where putting **** on each other is practically mandatory.

So I am going to tell you about this bloke and it is not my intention to embarrass you Marty.

This is from my book....

Crispy too was badly wounded. You know that saying, never volunteer. Crispy (I referred to him as Ian C previously, but we called him Crispy) was due to go home. His time as a Nasho was up. When time was short, blokes spent their last few days safely back at The Dat. It seemed the company was down a sig and Crispy volunteered to carry the radio. I recall his ranting and raving and then volunteering to go on his last operation. I think his words were, "All right, youse pricks, I'll carry the flamin' radio!"

Poor bastard. He volunteered and then got blown up.

His first objective when he went down was to try and get his radio working. But it was ****ed. How's that for commitment to task? Although he was probably in shock, he was still focused on his job.

Crispy's legs were in a bad way. We had a great medic in Doc Lindmark. I never saw him panic; he was quite methodical in his work. When tourniquets are applied to soldiers' limbs, the time is written in red on their forehead. Crispy calmly pulled a pen out of his pocket and handed it to Doc. When he and Killer were aboard the Dustoff helicopter, Crispy propped himself up on an elbow and waved to the blokes as they took off.

They were in Vung Tau hospital within 30 minutes but Killer died on the way.

Crispy lost a leg and had a lot of fragmentation wounds over his body. There was a worry about his manhood, but I can tell you that he married a local girl in Rye Park and they went on to have two kids; and no, they are not as ugly as he is! Before Nashos, he drove trucks for the local shire council and on his return, they acquired an automatic truck so that he could still do his old job. Not a bad effort considering the bad rap Vietnam Veterans were getting in the 70s and 80s.

I visited him a few months back.

BTW, that is some boiled fruit cake I have in my hand to scoff down as soon as I drive out the front gate.

I am about 1500kms from Yap-Hoon, my how my reputation as a cake eater gets around.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
11 users like this post: