View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 06:40 PM   #7
WildRacer
Cougar King

Red face Re: Cougar - 3.0L Engine Swap Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue74 View Post
WildRacer, great wright up on an unusual build (for Australia), I have an ST24 and would consider the swap if my engine died.
Is the engine running ok on the standard Cougar ecu with no mapping?
Hi Blue74,

Sorry for not getting back to you, I don't get notifications for posts on this thread.

Thank you, yes it was a long process. Although I did all the extra bits on top. (Which probably don't need to be done if you find a low KM 3.0L Escape engine).

I think I may be the first one to complete this swap for the Mondeo/Cougar in Australia?

But yes, actually the engine runs a lot better than I first thought on the standard ECU. I have yet to get mine tuned yet (I plan to in future) But for now the engine is running great! The only downsides at the moment are sometimes it lags on low RPM, like the computer is trying to restrict the engine a bit. But above 3500-4000rpm she really flies. Of course on the standard 2.5 above this RPM is where the secondaries kick in, so it's unrestricted. The 3.0l doesn't have secondaries, so with a tune I'd expect it to perform really well under 3500RPMs too.

When I first got her on the road, I just drove her easily as initially there were a couple of minor problems idling, although that was due to a vacuum leak. When I initially started her, she wouldn't fire up I'm not sure why, but a bit of Start ya b@stard got her running and some throttle to keep her going.

It would be awesome to see another person in Australia take on this swap! It's really not all that bad once it's all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDYZ View Post
Sorry I thought I replied to this.

Mine came with white injectors and I have seen some SVTs and ST24s with green injectors but haven't heard of orange ones.

Cheers
Hi REDDYZ,

Ohh, I was thinking maybe Tickford added my Orange Injectors but perhaps not. Upon searching the part number, I found out they are from the US spec Crown Victoria's 4.6 V8 engine.

Cheers

Mods:
Escape 3.0 V6
ST220 UIM and LIM
NPG Fuel Adapter
California Clutch Stage 2 Disk and PP
ST200 Flywheel
Torsen LSD
Updated Shift Forks
ToyoSport Exhaust Headers
Custom 2.5" Exhaust dual
BAT 21mm RSB