View Single Post
Old 18-06-2019, 04:05 PM   #104
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

Not a huge amount to report.

The IB5+ is now out of the wreck and I'm about to start making some comparative measurements between that and the MTX75. Next is to fit the MTX75 back in there sans flywheel and clutch to make life easier, and to start measuring up for custom mounts.

I've still had no luck finding an LR Focus with MTX75 in Australia. Every single one I've VIN checked has been an IB5. Getting those driveshafts is proving a challenge.

I have a shifter and cables coming from a 2007 LT Focus Cabrio 2.0 Manual that I've vin-checked to make sure it had an MTX75, and in the process found a bunch of other parts that will be massively useful, so will be keen to measure up how to make an adapter plate for that.

One thing I'd not investigated before is the dual mass flywheel to single mass flywheel situation and whether there are stronger clutches that are available for MTX75/Duratec applications. Getting a good clutch with converted flywheel with enough strength to support future forced induction looks like it might be more expensive than the whole 2.5 engine itself... seeking some suggestions on that front.

Luke