View Single Post
Old 14-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #119
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

I've had several stabs now trying to get the MTX75 up and into the XR4, to size up the available space and to see how the mounts will fit up. Previous attempts failed because my transmission jack was **** - the jack head itself kept contacting the chassis and wouldn't let me get the box up into place. So I got a replacement 'head' for it, and tried again. Things were looking a lot more positive .... for awhile.....

But I have a new roadblock. The IB5+ has gear linkages on the front of the box. The MTX75 has linkages on the top of the box. In the Australian XR4, the ABS/ESP Module sits up where the top mounted gear linkages go. Not many ST150's in the UK were sold with ESP, so that problem doesn't exist for them.

I saw it mentioned in one thread about relocating an ABS module for an MTX75 install - and didn't pay enough attention to where I read it. The difficulty factor has just stepped up a notch....

Luke