View Single Post
Old 18-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #7
WannabeXP

Default Re: Boge shocks for stock springs?

I did my front struts today, it took half the day but i went into town and did a balljoint in that time, It is time consuming but easy enough,
Simple step by step.
Remove wheel, undo UCA balljoint and remove bolt and swing the UCA upwards to get it out of the way, then unbolt the sway bar which is mounted to the lower part of the suspension, If you do bothsides of the car then you can spin it round out of the way, now just unbolt the strut from the top and bottom and the lower part of the suspension (lower control arm?) should swing down enough to remove the strut along with the spring.
Now my XR springs were short enough to apply pressure from the top and unbolt without blowing a bolt through my eye. this may not apply to you as yours are standard so be careful!!,
So remove the spring fit to the new strut spring compressors may be required but i got away without it. Now dont forget anything when you put it back together :P
I went Boge as well, which i was told have a lifetime warranty by Fulcrum suspension in melbourne. So far so good but i found the back to be a little soft, but it all depends on the springs(i also have gas).
Cheers Jason
05/2000 AUII XR6 5sp|Pacemaker 4480 Competition Headers|Lukey catback|Tickford Azzuro's|Impco LPG Conversion
WannabeXP is offline   Reply With Quote