Thread: Spotted! VIC
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #187
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Thumbs up Re: Spotted! VIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Have any VIC Eurofordclub members been to the Motor Show yet? Love to see any pics of MkIII Focus (assuming they are on display).
I spent alot of time looking at the new Focus on show at the MotorShow. I'm still yet to post pics on FB.

I do think it looks better in the flesh than pics I've seen, and I was quite impressed. Since the taillights are no longer on the C piller, "focus" isn't the name that first pops into my head upon seeing the car. In fact I preferred the look of the Sedan over the hatch. Clearly the design is similar to that of the Mondeo and Fiesta and I have to say both the sedan and hatch look longer than the previous Focii.

The interior shares much of its components with the Fiesta and as such not much new to look at.

Engine is a Duratorq Turbo Deisel. Apparently it is 120kw at the fly, tho I haven't heard it running just yet.

Boot is not as deep as the previous LV CL-Zetec models due to a similar design as the XR5 whereby the exhusat muffler sits underneath the wheelwell, hence the sparewheel can't sit as deep in the car. This however may make it easir to upgrade to an ST exhuat if the ST models are realsed.

Running gear at the rear looks exactly the same as my LS. but plenty of plastic under the front reducing my visibility of the front running gear.

Overall I would love to have one but not enough to prefer it over my current LS. Perhaps my only greivence was the front bumper which, close up looks very cheep and plasticiy. (But can be changed with aftermarket body kits once they are available )
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote