Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 10:30 PM   #9068
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That was my point the other day. They are afraid to set parameters.

WA - MMcG has given his “rules”.
NSW - GB is now saying “everybody stay open” but seem to be embracing monetisation of civilian compliance.
SA - SM is a bit vague but not posturing and seems open to dynamic advice from Ms Spurrier.
NT - not clear on ground rules but reacts both ways very quickly and firmly/clearly.
ACT - seems to be mostly following the NT model, with a little more buffering.
QLD - ruled by Dr Young, I have not read of clear ambitions/expectations.
TAS - seems to be following a QLD model, considering the wholesale cost of their quarantine (mostly motels, I believe) it’s almost an earner.
VIC - I don’t honestly think they have gone much beyond pondering how much they can make from fines!
You are correct, although I don't think its because they are afraid, I think its more they are unsure what each other are going to do. The response in QLD is so different to the response in NSW, so how do you have one rule for all? However it does seem like no one has an issue with one another's approach except for one. Its rather odd don't you think?

This is quite relevant...

Calls to postpone Australian Open as NSW criticised for holding rest of country to ransom
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2021...-open-nsw-vic/

“The government of NSW has been letting the side down,” he told The New Daily.

Unlike the rest of the country, NSW has avoided large-scale, hard lockdowns when cases of community transmission have occurred.

Although the state has been effective in getting on top of outbreaks, it has created pandemonium in other parts of the country as state governments respond to their approach with a hotchpotch of restrictions and border closures.

Professor Bowtell said this had put the nation at risk."

Last edited by T3rminator; 13-01-2021 at 10:38 PM.
This user likes this post: