Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2021, 12:18 PM   #9074
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Dunno if "punish" is the appropriate word, but I get what you are saying. They took a gamble and it didn't pay off.

Had a mate that went into NSW, Queanbeyan (some town near canberra) a few days before Christmas. I said to him he better have a quick exit plan because I reckon things are likely to change, we are still in the middle of a pandemic and NSW had unlinked cases moving further away from central. He is one of those with the dan derangement syndromes, so he just laughed and mocked....arrogance. Wakes up NYE and finds he has to rush home. Tells everyone how hard he had it, blamed the government for not giving enough notice, yet he made it home with 20+ hours to spare. Then on the day Vic reported 10 new cases he plastered social media with how the gov was incompetent and should have closed the border sooner

Some people just don't get it and probably never will. However I do appreciate some may have had to go due to compassionate reasons, and I do think the gov should make a special effort to bring those home.
Yep, same here at the housesit we are doing, family choose to ignore the come home notice so spending a lovely week in Albury atm they have a permit to come back on Saturday.

Definately make sure we aren't here to greet them.

There was an ABC interview with a Gippsland couple returning from a QLD wedding and decided to return, driving via the NT, SA and then into Vic.
Remember hearing it just before NT annouced its restrictions.
Wonder if they made it.

This user likes this post: