View Single Post
Old 28-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #75
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Can you give me more info on the campgrounds, are there plenty of sites on offer, are they reasonably level, all grass.
What facilities are available.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-37....!3m1!1e3?hl=en

looking at the google maps link (if it doesn't work, look up wirreanda campground or bunkhouse) the drive goes in to a central roundabout. to the left is 4 powered sites in front of a row of trees. the small clearing directly behind these trees is the tent area. i was backed up directly behind these.

the campground consists of 10 powered sites apparently. you can see most of them are fairly defined on the map. they are generally hard gravel, and level, suitable for vans and campers. a few had grass nearby to pitch a tent if you wanted power.

the closest building is a shower/toilet/laundry block. the rest are other camping options (dormitory etc) but we never saw anyone using this part of the site the whole time we were there.

the down side is they don't take bookings, so its very much first in best dressed, and its a long way to go to discover you might miss out altogether. having said that, you can contact the national park and they were pretty helpful with us, letting us know it would be pretty quiet that weekend and we'd have no trouble. while we were there only half the sites would have been used at any one time. most people only stayed for a couple of nights. i guess once you have done the caves there isn't that much else to do if you don't like walking or just kicking back.

this is the toilet/shower block. its a nice big room with toilet cubicles one side and shower cubicles the other. it was cleaned daily.

this is looking at the tent area from the entrance at the top of the roundabout

from the other direction. there is about the same amount of room behind where the pic is taken from.

a bit further back

we took a gas lantern also, more for nostalgic reasons and for that camping atmosphere

Last edited by prydey; 28-04-2016 at 08:24 PM.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: