View Single Post
Old 28-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #60
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 
Default Re: My ZF Auto - Paddle Shifter Idea

You can see here that it's not the end of the stalks which are the problem... it's where the stalks bend to level out. This area is quite close to the back of the wheel already...

IMG_0627 by Gothe Falcon, on Flickr

IMG_0618 by Gothe Falcon, on Flickr

So when I reworked the stalks, I actually heated up the mid section and moved the bend away from the back of the wheel, but left the end of the stalk in the original position (within reach of your fingers)...

IMG_0629 by Gothe Falcon, on Flickr

IMG_0630 by Gothe Falcon, on Flickr

This had the effect of aligning the top of the stalk more parallel which the back of the wheel spokes (giving me the room I needed for the paddles) without loosing any functionality of the stalks (by being too close to the back of the wheel at the bend)... or too far away from your finger tips (Had I just bent the whole thing back).
It's less a bending of the stalks... and more a twisting of them, I s'pose !??

The tape etc you can see in the pics, was there to help bend both halves of the stalk together, the same amount (the back of the stalk can be removed for wire access).

These Taurus paddles aren't actually as chunky as they look... as in... they don't take up much space at all. It's just that when you pull the stalks towards you, there's not a lot of room left (before you even fit the paddles), in that area around the stalk's bend.

Hope that made sense !??

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: