View Single Post
Old 31-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #28
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Default Re: So much for gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
I don't think people who don't own firearms realise the astounding mountain of crap legitimate gun owners have to wade through to maintain our licence and keep our guns...
Not to mention a registry vulnerable to infiltration exposing our personal and firearm details to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
When I transport my firearms in the car, they have to be locked in the boot, or, if the car doesn't have a boot, it must be in a locked contained chained to the floor by some means, if you want to get really technical with the finer points of the law.
Yeah. I don't know what state you're in but here in NSW you have to also remove, relocate and lock up the bolt or firing mechanism in a separate compartment.

Karj, this is a separate issue to sporting shooters, but compounded by our atrocious judiciary, these restrictions have become less about public safety and more about the welfare of criminals and removing the ability for householders to defend themselves and their property.

If the judiciary wants to keep going down the path of being softcocks, the state will have to make some tough decisions regarding LAFO's access to their firearms for self defence.

Last edited by Stugots; 31-07-2012 at 04:43 PM.