View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 09:36 PM   #62
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS April 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by anobserver View Post
When i was seriously looking at cars last year, i mentioned a number of options to the mechanic that looks after our current wheels. He reckoned the focus is rubbish to maintain compared to say, a mazda 3. Muttered about oil leaks and so on.

Kia and Hyundai are closely related, but keen competitors. There are persistent rumours about a Kia pickup. Now, imagine a ute with the turbo Lambda 3.3 petrol engine and a seven year warranty....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbugger View Post
Last week I test drove a Focus Titanium as we are looking for a replacement for our Territory. The car is a nice car to drive if not a little harder to get in and our of having had a Territory for the past 12 years (I am getting older). The issue I have is past reputation and future resale value. This was made abundantly clear when the mechanic doing a roadworthy on the Territory asked what I was getting as a replacement. When I said possibly a Focus he burst out laughing and said you have to be joking as their transmission is rubbish and constantly breaking. I told him it's a completely different transmission but he was't convinced. This is the issue Ford faces with Focus and there current ads do nothing to show the buying public things are now different.
Are these mechanics from a dealer, and Ford dealer?
I don't know how they could confidently and comfortably write off the new Focus, considering its an all new car, engine and transmission. Poor form IMO.

Whats the story with the Mondeo, abysmal figures there. Yet superior in everyway to the horrid small SUVs that people have transitioned to from conventional sedans/wagons.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: