View Single Post
Old 23-03-2020, 03:30 PM   #70
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: vFacts December 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
If Hyundai sold the Elantra as an i30 sedan they would have easily blown Corolla out of 3rd place and possibly even overtaken the Ranger for second.

Any idea on Elantra sales??

Corolla and Cerato have a sedan, yet i30 is hatch only with the sedan being called by a different name.

Makes no sense - wouldn't bragging rights alone be incentive enough to call the Elantra an i30 sedan??
Well..... what do you know

Quote:
Hyundai reveals new small sedan, to at last adopt the 'i30' name in Australia to take the fight to Toyota's Corolla range.

Hyundai has unveiled its new-generation Elantra sedan, due in Australia later this year as the 2020 Hyundai i30 Sedan.

Market observers have long held the i30 badge could top Corolla sales in Australia if it had the same advantage enjoyed by the small Toyota and others: five-door hatch and four-door sedan wearing the same badge.

Now, after generations apart, the two will come together in the second half of 2020 – albeit with distinctly different looks (despite the newly facelifted i30's makeover).

In some ways, this locally rebranded Elantra replacement fills a space that could have been occupied by the i30 Fastback if it had been made available here below the N tier – but that model, despite its coupe-sedan look, is also a 'liftback' hatch offering.......
https://www.caradvice.com.au/835472/...ntra-revealed/

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: