View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #56
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

As per the conversations from Facebook (I only just realised Aaron_M might be Aaron Mihe on FB), not only am I continuing the Mazda DY 2 investigation, I've also been looking long and hard about Cruise Control options. The Cruise options don't look cheap - AusCruise no longer exists, leave AutoStrada which have confirmed they do a Fiesta XR4 Cruise Control solution for $575, and the Command AP900c (a rebaged Liteon unit). I'd like to look into controlling an LS Focus Elctro-Hydrualic Power Steering Pump, and it needs a CAN controller to work to measure the road speed. Which is a similar requirement to Cruise.

I'd like to think I could arduino a small controller for the pump, and it would double as a cruise control ECU, but I suspect the ability to have an effective algorithm for controlling road speed might elude me. Alhtough the eThrottle pedal as just as simple as 2 potentiometers in a box.

As confusing as this brain dump all might be, the real item I wanted to mention today was that I've acquired a Mazda DY 2 Steering column complete, and when it arrives I'll start doing some comparisons and post my findings.

Luke