View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 11:31 PM   #59
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Still in heater box limbo land, but playing out some options at least. One of them should surely land soon. In the meantime I've been diving back into CAN bus sniffing and building up my body of knowledge - hence the starting of a new thread about OBD2 stuff. I have been continuing to try and research the Cruise Control situation and EHPAS. I have an EHPAS pump herenow, so will be setting up a lab shortly to power it up and start hacking away. I'll also be using the same rig to power up the EATC control module and do some review of that.

I found some useful reference material and a Matlab simulation of a cruise control algorithm from a Caltech Wiki page. And a version of Matlab that I can 'use' at home. http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~murray/a...Cruise_control. I'm spending a bit of time getting my head around the math, which isn't too bad by the looks of it and gives me the warm and fuzzies about having done my engineering degree far enough in the past to have forgotten most of it. I can enter values that define the vehicle - tyre size, gear ratios, max torque/rpm rating, weight, aerodynamic drag etc and use feedback from rpm and speed to set a throttle position and tune to a set speed. Coding all that into an Arduino controller would be the next challenge - and whether an Arduino would be quick enough. The same Arduino that might also need to send messages to turn on the Power Steering pump.

For a device that activates a power steering pump, what sounds coolest? Activator, Exciter, Motivator, Stimulator, Animator, Energizer, Arouser, Vivifier.... anything better than one of those? I've seen a company that already has a "CAN Stimulator" that does for EPAS racks what we're proposing to do here with an EHPAS pump.

Lukeyson