View Single Post
Old 21-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #35
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason50
Are you sure your vehicle is really insured ?

I got a quote from Shannons for my car which has the KB kit like yours, but when I told them it is not engineered yet and I wanted that stated on the policy they backed out on me.

They are happy to take your money, but don't ask many questions of their own, like "do you have an engineers report". Beware...
Ryno specifically states that it has to be legal "in your state" whereas I haven't seen that mentioned on Shannons site. They (Shannons) told me that I would have to disclose all facts relating to all their questions and I told them that I had supercharged the engine myself and fitted a Herrod quad exhaust. They said that they would then have to classify me under "heavily modified" and at no stage did he say that the mods would have to be legal. I will wait until I receive the disclosure statement and then comment further, but I believe I have not held anything back and he made no mention of exceptions. In the new year I plan to look into getting an engineers certificate. I have been told by a reliable source that as you get the CO gases, etc, to compliance levels on the dyno the NOx gases will increase above compliance level. There are supposedly devices that can be fitted to the end of your injectors which will bring down the NOx gases to compliance levels and certainly worth investigating. I will report if I find there is any such devices.
Ian
Aussie MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote