View Single Post
Old 21-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
Reddevil
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute
No worries, that's cool.. I can tuck it away behind the tissues for the time being.. I'm hoping to rig up some sort of permanent mount for the ipod, so will probably modify the lead you mention above anyway to make it a nice (hopefully) neat install..

Thanks.
I used the mobile phone presenter accessory from Ford ($35 ebay) to make a hidden ipod/mobile phone holder for my setup. The holder mounted onto the presenter arm is universal so you can put pretty much anything on it.

Presenter hidden away in the center console.

Presenter folded out

It has Kensington springloaded universal phone/mp3 holder screwed onto it which I got from dick smiths for about $45. Usually mounts onto a flexible arm suction cup arm for mounting to windscreens - just clip it off the arm and disassemble so you can drill a few screws into it to hold it to the presenter.

I just pulled the surround off the shifter and pulled the drink holder out so I could route the audio cable into the center console before putting it all back in place to make a nice neat cabless installation.

Nice and neat, hides out of sight when you want it to be, in easy arm reach when driving and only hole that had to be put in the car was inside the console to screw the presenter into place.

Last edited by Reddevil; 21-12-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote