View Single Post
Old 22-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #10
Reddevil
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute
Thanks for the info Reddevil, i can't see the pics though (maybe it's just me??)..

I was looking at the clip on mounts from holdmyphone.com.au which a few people on here have, and mounting it on the dash, however it wouldn't be able to be hidden away then though, so your idea definately sounds good, i'll look into it.. Have you run power to it as well?? Or just the audio lead?? I've only just got my ipod (a nano) so haven't really got a feel for how long the battery lasts yet, but going by what apple say it would have to be a pretty long trip to drain it...

Thanks again. A good little project for my xmas holidays, i might put up pics of the install if it all goes well..
I think it might be google galleries being funky. Works when I paste the links into my browser...

try these...
Holder folded out

holder hidden away

I don't have power running to mine yet but its trivial to run an ipod power cable under the surround and drink holder at the same time, pretty sure theres enough room. Might have to run them down opposite sides of the surround if you get interference tho.

Found the same ipod holder on the apple store for $40.
ipod holder

No reason why you couldn't mount one of those to one of the vent mounting plates if you wanted to go that way so it would also double as a bluetooth phone holder or an ipod holder for a number of models. I'm not sure if the arms on the kensington shut close enough to hold a nano tho but you could just as easily substitute a holder of your choice instead.

vent mount plate and screw the holder from the kensington onto it was one of my original ideas but I thought the car looked cleaner the way I went with since you could hide the cables and rig alot easier without needing to make holes to route cables.

I was also feeling a bit paranoid about people busting a window looking for a GPS unit to steal after seeing the windscreen mount for the ipod. (deliberately take the gps cradle down when its not being used)

Hope that gives you some ideas anyway.

Last edited by Reddevil; 22-12-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote