View Single Post
Old 15-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #19
gokhan
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil
Having had first hand experience with both:

1. The ICC sound system had to be cranked up to about 25 in volume to get decent volume out of a fully cranked ipod using the amplified Ford kit.

ASL kit only needs the ICC to be on 10-12 for a comfortable sound level.

2. Ford kit has terrible alternator whine which is very noticible when you have the ICC turned up loud. Whine is much worse when you have something plugged into the cigarette lighter power source at the same time. (i.e. navman or ipod/phone charger)

ASL kit has almost no whine. I can only hear it on my ipod when I have it turned up very loud in the silence between songs but even then it is barely audible.

One minor downside I have noticed to with the ASL kit is the bass on my ipod distorts if I don't set the EQ to "bass reducer" but I'm not totally sure if that is due to the ASL kit or the kensington liquidaux I use in my car so YMMV.

In my opinion - don't waste your time with the Ford kit. The price difference between the ASL and Ford kit is worth it.

Cheers, if I have to have the volume at 25 there's no point, I bought the $15 cable from ASL and have the volume at 20.

2005 BF XT - Lightning Strike

Mods and extras:
Scuff plate inserts | Front & rear bar chrome mouldings | Fairmont Ghia rear number plate surround | Chrome mirror scalps | Fairmont leather & woodgrain gear shifter | Fairmont grille | Ford alloy sports pedals | Custom cold air intake | Force boot lip
gokhan is offline   Reply With Quote