View Single Post
Old 24-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #21
SE Ute

Don't bother with the non-amplified lead, you'd be better off with a radio transmitter attachment to your ipod i reckon. As i said in my earlier post, when the ignition is off and the 'booster' isn't getting any power, i assume it's running the same as a non-amplified lead, it's hopeless, need the stereo nearly on full volume to hear it, and comes with distortion courtesy of having both ipod on full volume and stereo on full volume. And just wait till you forget to turn down the stereo before switching to radio or cd and get blown out of your seat..

After having the ASL unit for 6 months now i've been very happy with it, only thing i've been noticing recently as the days are shorter and having headlights on most of the time, is that there is very slight whine when the headlights are on, but it's only noticable in between songs when there's quiet time.. Doesn't seem to affect the quality of the sound, not to my ears anyway... It's definately better than the radio transmitter attachements i've used, and going by reddevils comments better than the ford unit..
SE Ute is offline   Reply With Quote