View Single Post
Old 25-04-2015, 08:13 PM   #107
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
so i can flog the guts out of my Ford, and still get warranty so long as i don't hit the drag strip? I'm sure that's what happens for most Mondeos.

It's not the Falcon Motor Company. there's still Focus groups and Fiesta siestas

which will be more expensive, lawyers or replacement parts?

if it doesn't specifically say 'motorsport', i'd still expect them to honor the warranty.
I believe I did say you could drive it hard......... Up to a point, but obviously you can change the drive ing style from driving it hard to full blown abuse,
if you are driving like Stirling Moss and you chuck it a back a cog and miss...... Going back three cogs instead of one a buzzing the engine to 9500 rpm or doing hours of full throttle burn outs, or chucking many big roll backs............... This sort of treatment for example I would not giving an owner warranty coverage.
Again not in any way saying the OP did any abuse just an example why motor company's on occasion refuse warranty.
Proper race cars costing far more than factory muscle cars still break stuff........

Getting back to the original post, it is hard to make any judgement without knowing both sides of the story and detailed facts, so on that note......
This user likes this post: