Old 28-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #67
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
Was interested in replacing my smoking 4 banger mower with an electric jigger
the go seems to be the 56 volt jobbies.
Once replacement battery prices were worked out at $3-$400, and I realised I could buy an entire mower for the price of a replacement battery, the interest in electrical jiggers reduced greatly

thanks for the heads up on the makita, might go check it out. its cheaper than a large EGO battery...
Only going on what the costs were for the 3Ah 18 volt Makita batteries though . The 4 Ah are probably more expensive and they'd be specific to Makita equipment .

I suppose the whole idea is that same batteries for a variety of equipment , a bit like combo power tools on a bigger scale . In the second clip link I posted it looks like Makita uses a new type of brushless motor too . Would be expensive to get into I expect but horses for courses it might make sense for some people .

Had a quick look on EBAY , have no idea whether any of these via this method would be okay for these brushless powered mowing tools but I know when one of our crew picked up two extra 18 v batteries a couple of months ago for our new drills and impact driver they were about $125 each .That's what he said anyway . Bunnings Warehouse I think it was . I think they're the 4 ah 18 v but they can be bought in 3,5, and 6 too .I believe the non genuine cheap 'suitable for Makita' versions are risky and might not be a great idea .

No rain today so I'll fire up my brand new Makita petrol mower for the first time . No worries with battery power there ..Cheers ,,

Last edited by roddy1960; 28-10-2018 at 10:36 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote