View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #29
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 
Default Re: AU tuning options

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342
Is this J3 chip & the QH one just a piggyback chip like a Unichip?

If so, can the car computer "learn" its way around the piggyback as I have read elsewhere on here

Will the QH work on AU III ?
A piggyback such as a Unichip or Haltech are interceptors. I don't know if they alter the input from the sensors before the ECU, or alter the output command from the ECU. Either way the ECU is being lied to and the adaptive learning can basically alter the fuel trims etc, etc back to their original targets over time. With a J3 chip, the ECU is getting its commands, settings, parameters and all that directly from the chip. There is no "middle man" so to speak. And yes the QH can be used on AU III, just like mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD
This is awesome Craig. I have been reading non stop since you provided the links last night. I am hooked. The MQH option appears to be very very doable - just a lot of reading and learning to do!

Quick question, did you have the QH hardware when you did most of your reading / learning? It makes sense that you have the data logging functionality available to you whilst you are learning.

I am hooked - I think I could do this!

Stu
I did a lot of reading before I purchased anything.

I don't have the datalogging up and running just yet, as my strategy was unsupported at the time I purchased it. Matt and I have organised to get together in the future to get it sorted. It hasn't bothered me because I have an LC-1 wideband to monitor A/F ratios.
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote