View Single Post
Old 18-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #88
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night
Ok guys it look like I will finally get a chance to fit these brakes this weekend and I'm sick of seeing all this stuff sitting in my shed too. Everything is painted ready to go all I need is to get some pads. Only problem is that I have lost all the bolts that I got with this when I ripped them off at the wreckers. The only bolts I need now are the four that are for the brake mounting plate to the stub axles. Will high tension bolts be all right for this or do I need something other and if anyone can tell me what kind of bolt I would really appreciate it, being brakes I thought I'd ask to make sure.
The other thing is the brake line is fixed to the chassis at the moment where it connects to the steel line but on the BA brakes it has another fixing half way down the brake line. Do I worry about mounting that somewhere and if so where is the best position or do I just leave it. It has been quite a while since I ripped all this gear off so I can't quite remember the finer points and any help would be great.
I would get the bolts from ford, cost $4 each, just for safetys sake
With the brake line mount, mid way, I left it as I found it doesnt really foul or get caught anywhere.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote