View Single Post
Old 23-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #21
Wazm
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D
There is away around this one live with the car telling u that the balb is out or two u need to fit a diode between the centre brake line to the left and one from the centre to the right and have a wire connecting between the two diodes that the controller picks up this stops the warning coming up, im sure that made no sence so il try and get a diagram up here so it makes sence.

Awesome - thanks for that.

I'm not much of an auto-sparky - but I'll take the comments along to the auto-electrician I'm seeing today and see how we get on.

Appreciate the help.

Neil

Hi, Yes I got it fitted OK. It will work as long as you have the towbar controller fitted. That is the box that sits between the towlights and the computer. $330 from memory when I got the towbar fitted. The trick was that the brake signal to the controller has to go to the brake light at the rear of the car and not to the brake pedal switch. I presume that they ran it to the trailer side of the control box. It was the first they had fitted so it took quite a while. If your local guys say it can't be done then they haven't tried. Tell them to call the guys in Orange NSW cause they did it and did a great job of it too.

Waz