View Single Post
Old 16-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #33
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron to be updated and target 460km/hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwish View Post
People that say it will get its **** handed to it are missing the point.
It is the most refined super/hyper car there is.
If you go on the other forums where people own Pagani Zondas, The Agera R and these will tell you that it is such a different beast.
I get it, it's "amazing" - I would just prefer a car that can beat it on a race track for 1/10th of the price (the BAC Mono). On the Top Gear track, the Veyron SS is 6th place, and has to be either first or 2nd most expensive http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ower_Lap_Times. For going fast in a straight line, I would much prefer a Pipistrel Panthera, since I would actually be able to use its top speed, using only 37L per hour and going as the crow flies. Honestly, I don't care how refined something is if I think its useless. For the price of a Veyron, I could buy a Panthera, BAC Mono, a Jeep Rubicon, Ram 2500 with a 6.7L Cummins, Challenger Hellcat, a cabin cruiser, 2 jet skis, 2 snowmobiles, and have $100,000 left over to customize those toys. Sorry, $1M on a car that goes fast in a straight line doesn't impress me. If you think it's worth it to get 1,000HP, consider that a friend of mine worked his old 5.9L 12-valve Cummins I-6 diesel to put out over 1,000 HP. That's on a nurse's salary! I judge everything on a cost-benefit analysis. The Veyron has an extremely high cost, for very little benefit.

Last edited by chevypower; 16-12-2014 at 02:04 PM.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: