View Single Post
Old 17-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #56
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron to be updated and target 460km/hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post

You're not judging the Bugatti on a 'cost-benefit' analysis. You're judging it on an extremely narrow 'dollars spent vs track times' context, without any regard for the millions of other things the Veyron is doing that the BAC mono can't ever do.

Which you know, is a perfectly valid thing to do, but at least have polite regard for the people who value things in life (two seats in the Veyron, an interior that puts most peoples living rooms to shame - at 400km/h no less - and so on)other than the Top Gear Test Track time wall time.

The Veyron is the Space Shuttle (or Concord) of automobiles, for sure. I'm constantly flabbergasted at it.
I stand by my opinion 100%, just because I am criticizing the car, doesn't mean I am necessarily being disrespectful to anyone who does like it. I even said we all have our opinions. I am not attacking anybody. People don't need to get so defensive about a car they will never own. Also a cost-benefit analysis for me would be $ for fun factor. Since the Mono is 1/10th of the price and I would have more fun racing it, clearly, it is the winner for me. And yes, it is ALL subjective.

Last edited by chevypower; 17-12-2014 at 06:45 AM.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote