View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #310
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Just spent 3 nights at mambray creek campground in mt remarkable national park in the southern flinders. What a great spot. Spacious sites, reasonable screening from other sites, flushing toilets and hot showers amongst some great scenery. Will put some pictures up later (straight back to work on night shift...) but if you are in SA, and like camping, its a must.

A day trip to alligator gorge is also an absolute must do. Absolutely spectacular down in the gorge.

We'll be heading back there for sure. Meant to be even better in the cooler months.
I don't usually like to brag, but....I told you so!

And to think, Poppa Smurf said it was a **** hole, never believed a word that advertisement for solar power said.

Did you do any of the walks, I imagine it would have been pretty warm up there lately.

Did you have beers with the ranger?
He has a farm just across the road from the entrance on the highway but his Wife loves it so much they spend most weekends in the park where he shares a coldie with the visitors.
If you want the best experience, aim for mid year holidays in future, its awesome.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: