View Single Post
Old 18-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #64
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS_Telstar_Man
The Fiesta is a good car but they're marketing it all wrong - comparisons with other 'Euro' brands just doesn't work in Australia and harping on about German engineering at 16990 doesn't make jackshit difference when Mazda2s, Swifts and Yaris all come from Japan - for luxury cars >60k Germany is better than Japan. But at <20k Japan will beat Germany everytime cos the cost of ownership of a Jap car is cheaper and the quality difference is negligible (everyone will use cheap materials and cut corners at <20k).
That's the biggest bunch of.........

Try a VW Polo 1.4 ($16,990) on, sit in it, feel the interior and then tell me about corner and cost cutting. I guarantee it will put any Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc to complete shame. We owned one from 2001 - 06 before it went for a Golf 2.0 FSI, and anyone who sat in it commented on it being better then <insert more expensive Japanese car here>. It used less then 5L/100km, so it would beat a Prius in the fuel economy stakes (a guy from my old school has one and can't get under 6.2L/100km with it, combined average). A Prius is $38,990, the Polo was 26 on-road. It was problem free the whole time, and would easily continue being problem free. And resale value... after 5 years and 70,000km it traded for $12,000 at the dealership for the brand new Golf. I'd love to see an Echo/Yaris, Jazz, Mazda 2, even Fiesta manage that.

Oh the quality difference isn't negligeble, it's immense. In the German's favour.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote