View Single Post
Old 20-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #19
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Removing old bubbled window tint from BAXR6T rear glass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev View Post
Did this about 6 months ago on my EB. Just get or borrow a $50 clothing steamer from K-mart and a few wide razor blades to scrape the excess glue off. **** easy really, took me about 20mins per window. Gotta keep the steamer on the window to loosen the glue up as much as possible, not tear the tint as you pull it and you want most of it to come off onto the tint and not stay on the window

Just like this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vzJDUM5Ag

Don't use metho or turps for the excess glue. Not good for the plastics, stinks the car out etc. Just keep the glue hot and soft and scrape off as much of it as as possible then give it a wipe over with a little general purpose cleaner and a rag.

On the back window you want it extra hot and do it very slowly and carefully so you don't **** up the demister. Run the demister for a while to heat them up, should make it a little easier to get the glue off of them and Use a plastic scraper if need be
Ran out of time today but thanks these are all really important points and good ideas to not damage the demister wiring.

Awesome thanks mate i'll be getting stuck into it on monday morning!!!!

Now, i'm going out for the night....Hav'nt been out on Saturday night for months!!!!!!!
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: