View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 10:30 AM   #22
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: VFACTS July 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
With no local factory to support I can't see why a manufacturer would care if they aren't competing in every segment, or even about vfacts figures. Apart from a handful of people of AFF, who else actually cares about sales figures of cars?

Ford Rangers and Everest start at about $60k and they sold around 6000 of them. They're probably making more coin now than when they sold 10000 falcons a month.
More than that, just about every vehicle that comes off a boat is already sold.
Why would Ford even bother bringing in dealer stock on the hope of a maybe sale?
Every place booked on a boat is precious, so I can’t see Ford reserving more places
for European build cars when there’s at least eight months wait for vehicles like Puma.

It’s sad because some of the vehicles Ford no longer builds (Fiesta & Focus?) could
possibly be built in places like Thailand or South Africa for our RHD region without
disrupting the rest of the Ford world, but yeah I know that business case is a pipe dream….

Last edited by jpd80; 05-08-2023 at 10:36 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: