View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #58
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Mate, A lot is perception too.

If you are trading/moving up from a 10 year old car, it will probably seem like quite a step up.

I have not driven one, nor had a close look at them. But my educated guess is that like most "cheap" cars (kia, daewoo, hyundai etc) is they will probably be really good value providing you are not expecting to get more than 5 years out of them without lots of little things start going wrong costing lots after that. The build quality of cheap cars seem to last around the 5 year mark.

As much as I hate to admit this I once upon a time was the owner of a brand new 1996 Daewoo Espero. I had traded a 1988 XF fairmont ghia on it. I recall at the time I was looking at a 2nd hand 1993-94 Camry (the one advertised as the "new wide body Camry"
When I found the same price a 1993-1994 car was going to be, I could get a brand new 1996 Daewoo Espero with the 5 years "freecare" offer. (the freecare offer was 5 years of sceduled servicing at no cost)
I went with the Daewoo. Well anyway, after the 5 years was up it started to basically fall apart.

This is the type of thing I guess you can expect of Great Wall Motors.