View Single Post
Old 27-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #28
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2015 Taurus Mule Pictures on Car and Driver

The last few days have involved a lot of soul-searching on my part. I actually feel guilty for owning the XR4, but in my defence when I bought it I’d also bought a new BF Cobra. We still have the AU runnabouts, but its now been 5~6 years since I bought a New Falcon.

The soul searching has clarified one thing for me. I am a Falcon lover, and a Ford Man only by extension. When the Falcon dies, so too does my affiliation.

I have never cared that “Ford” is an American company. For me “Ford Australia” was the maker of the Falcon; the biggest selling Australian Car of all time, uniquely Australian for over 40 years, and the only uniquely Australian car left. For that reason I was also a Ford man, and bought other Ford products: A focus made in Belgium, an XR4 made in Germany.
From November 2016, they will be just another importer.

I am still hoping to a keep a shed full of Falcons (and a Turbo Terri.) I will love and cherish and tinker with old falcons until I am nolonger able. I definitely plan to buy at least one NEW Falcon before they end. Maybe a new I6 Terri for her indoors, and a GT for me.
And I will remain a Ford man in so far as my love for 56 years of Falcons will continue, but I will never again by a new Ford.
2 users like this post: