View Single Post
Old 30-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #39
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back in the day what car would you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I did like the 265 Hemi Ranger wagon I had, while I was rebuilding the Holden PVan. Geeze, that thing went............ until the first corner.
Brothers wife had a VH wagon 215 auto what a bucket of and chewed the juice. some of the locals sole it in Alice Springs and cut all the seats up. back in 1986, it's a wonder that them poor fellas did not kill themselves in that barge.

My Dad's VG 245 2bbl ute chewed the juice but then I got it dyno tuned by some racing bloke in north Brisbane in 1973 and it performed like a rocket and was then much better on fuel. I seen it do 115mph many a time but dad said he wound it past 120mph but with me in the car and that highway at the time was I think 15ft wide bitumen, you could get two cars on it going by but most dropped 2 wheels of in the dirt when doing so.

We had them ugly wire net setups in front of the windscreen as well and when I first got my lic I would have another star in my laminated windscreen every month for sure.

I think them old wooden bridges must of been 15ft wide as well and trucks would pass by with no problems but nowadays they have turned that type of bridge into give way now.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: