View Single Post
Old 31-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #51
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back in the day what car would you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Nor do they understand that; Every "bullseye" in a modern Laminated 'screen meant a lap full of broken Glass with an Old Toughened 'screen..

Those mesh guards saved a lot of 'screens back in the day..
Yep !

But you know what my dad and his brother were on the highway and a brick fell off a passing truck and hit the windscreen of bro's XM Falcon, that's a brick with the frog in it not the light ones today with holes in them and it just bounced right off, you are looking at a brick doing maybe 120mph and I thought what BS! as I have seen more broken windows in my time with little stones hitting it shatter.

I had a rock the size of a big potato that was tossed up by a trailer come up and totally smash the laminated XB GT windscreen and it hit the radio speaker on the dash.

But one day down the bush we had an old XL Falcon and we tried to smash the windscreen but could not, I hit it with a 9ft long 3in thick steel pipe and just about broke my hands off and tossed a wheel rim at it and all but no way and then we went down their the windscreen was shattered. it was the same with my uncles XM than in the morning it was shattered in the garage over night due to the cold I would think.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: