View Single Post
Old 26-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #72
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
just because someone doesn't pay all these insurances, that doesn't automatically mean that he saves an equal amount...who's to say he doesn't blow it all.

as for his shares, they can plummet as quickly as they can climb...

all the stuff about P plater high premiums etc....i agree on both sides....XRQTOR, its quite fair that you be "stung" that amount, considering your age, your car and the statistics showing us male p platers as accident prone....that being said, im not saying you're a bad driver or an irresponsible idiot....its a case of the few ruining it for the many....

I also agree with your point that just because someone has been driving longer, it does not make them a better driver....the amount of older people i have seen that can't drive is laughable....

now as for the premiums...in some cases they are fair and justified (XRQTOR, 20 year old male, BA XR8, for example). but then take me....in my **** weak non turbo 4 cylinder tx5....$2500 full comp? i dont think so....so they charge a massive premium for young drivers in performance cars, fair enough, but do they offer me a lower premium for driving a non turbo, completely stock 4cyl? nope.

i pay about $400ish third party fire and theft. i would never go without insurance, and even if i thought about it, my parents would probably kick my *** for having such a stupid thought!

I'll have to change my insurance from AAMI to just cars, so i'll be doing that shortly. thats another thing.....when pricing online quotes (prior to buying my car) when gradually ticking option boxes, stuff like tinted windows was enough for aami to not insure me....now thats a joke.

no matter how much money your mate saved sox, if he is unlucky enough to write off a ferrari, he'll be selling that house that he worked so hard to pay for, because chances are the car he just hit is worth more than his house ;)
It's not what you drive they determines the premium it's your age.