View Single Post
Old 26-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #76
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
One thing about 'at fault' accidents is that sometimes techincally they're the other person's fault.

My old man was spun into a wall on the F5 (before it was the M5) near the Campbelltown exit while he was being overtaken. Car misjudged the distance between him and the front of my old mans car and spun his brand new XF Ghia into the wall when he merged into his front right.

Old man was hospitalised, fined for the offence and his insurance company claimed against. He was the innocent party, doing the speed limit and had no time to react to someone quickly merging into the front of him.

My understanding is also if you're in a rear ender with multiple cars, the poor schlub at the back picks up most of the tab. Would have to be that schlub with no insurance in a parade of expensive cars.

Getting into a car without at least third party is madness, IMO.
thats what happened to me... technically i was at fault, but damn it was a raw deal in that the other person ran a red light, i had witnesses to say he ran the red, but because the street i had came out of had a giveway sign, i copped the fault.....