View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #9
RandomThought

Default Re: Convers update - a q for those who've done it

Hi guys,
I have been in contact with Alex who is a programmer and supplies updates for the convers+ in the Mondeo. If you haven't seen his work, here is a link: http://www.talkford.com/community/to...new-functions/

First, you need to have software version 1412. Mine is 1304 and I am off to see a Ford dealer to see if they can or will upgrade the software. Ford Australia says it is a free service and there should be no charge from the dealer.

Second, you need to have a modified USB ELM327 ie: one of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELM327-OB...gAAOSw2s1U1dN1

Then you buy the modified software from Alex and connect your laptop to upgrade. He will supply instructions and help with any problems. Reading several forums, everyone seems happy with the upgrades. The prices and what you get is below:

Here are the prices: (FL Convers+)
the update with Park Assist price is 80EUR
it includes:
- park assist displaying
- PTC heater displaying
- marker and front light are separated
- locked door alert messages (messages only, doors still are displays on the car image)
- modified turn off logic of MHU (mediaheadunit) on ignition off and driver door open only
- clock in standby mode
- a current gear indication for automatic gearboxes in D & S modes

also available
- digital speed with displaying controlled by menu +20EUR
- extended colour theme menu (6 items for now) +20EUR
- digital engine temperature and voltage (on main interface and standby mode) +20EUR
- TPMS patch (for non-factory installed sensors without
replacement a BCMii module and without installation of the wheel antennas.
please read the TalkFord.com topic for details) +40EUR
- custom personal standby logo +20EUR

fw update to latest (1412) + 20EUR (if required)

So there is all the info I have been able to get. I have bought a ELM327 and plan on buying the upgrade but it won't happen until August as I will be away but I'll head to the dealer today/tomorrow and see what they say about upgrading the dash to 1412 otherwise I will have to buy 1412 from Alex as well. BTW, I believe 1412 is where you get the water temp on the main screen.

I have Alex's email address. Just PM me if you want it and say you got the info from Ford Forums in Australia.
RandomThought is offline   Reply With Quote