View Single Post
Old 20-03-2019, 05:46 PM   #1582
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

I started dieting on Feb 3 this year. March 20 now and I’m 16kg lighter. No magic potions. Just eating less and what I am eating is good. 90% home grown. My grocery bill is between $40-60 a week now instead of $300 and I’m eating better than ever. In terms of exercise I only really started doing anything regular two weeks ago. I try to get my 10,000 steps a day which works out to about a 7.5km walk.

I’ve conciously swapped out red meat for lean chicken. I maybe have red meat once a week and chicken 3x. If I have steak I bulk it out so it’s 50/50 meat and mushrooms. The rest of the time its just veg from the garden. Aside from rice I dropped carbs especially pasta and bread which I’ve always eaten loads of. I never ate much starchy veg like potato. The only thing close to a potion I’ve added is a natural fibre supplement. I go through 1-2 dozen eggs a week. Depending on how hungry I’ll do a 3-4 egg omelette with a load of mushrooms for breakfast. Lunch is usually light. Maybe a cucumber and a nut bar and a handful of nuts for a snack later. Dinner is usually something like a stir fry, baked chicken thighs, or fried rice. I’m trying to cut back on the rice to one or two days a week. I’m also going to try getting a bit of fish into my diet.

I eat this way all week. When I do the weekly shop I have a fruit juice and a cheese and bacon roll as a sort of reward. Then I go out for dinner every Friday night and eat whatever within reason. Whatever I do eat I eat less of it. Last week was pizza. I could lose weight faster but this is sustainable.

I’ve set myself small milestones along the way and am on track to be at my correct weight around Oct-Nov this year, if it takes longer that’s okay. I feel so much better. The benefits even so far have been massive. I was not well. I no longer wheeze when just sitting still, my doctor told me it was just because I’m fat and he was right. Doing yard work or working on the cars is a hell of a lot easier already too now I’m not fighting gravity so much.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: