View Single Post
Old 20-11-2021, 12:10 AM   #1
My77f100

Default Eb falcon has no spark from coil onward

Hey fellas, having an issue with the old man’s Eb Fairmont , it broke down today showed up to find out the new fuel pump seemed to have no power to it , so it was tilt tested home , once there I checked the fuel pump relay cleaned the connection and used a wire to bypass the relay connecting the larger wire , pump came to life no issue , so reconnected the relay and all is working , cranked car over and still won’t start , so checked the spark .

Found it had no spark , so checked the coil and the the coil power wire to find it had no power either , so cleaned it all up and it got power , put it on the coil and then the coil smoked and made cracking noises took it off as it had blown and replaced it with a new one , so now fuel pump and coil both have power , but from the coil to the leads there’s still no spark , so car won’t start it cranks strong but that’s it , so was told to check the module on the dizzy buy loosening the dizzy and turning it to see if the fuel pump regulator buzzes , it did but I took the plug off the module to find it full of engine oil ? So thinking I need to replace the module now , do ya have to remove the dizzy to do that or can I do it in the car ? Has anyone had a similar issue ? Any ideas or advice would be great
My77f100 is offline   Reply With Quote