View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 07:33 PM   #152
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: VFACTS OCT 2022- Ford second overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
My brother had the Bt-50 equivalent of your old one (2.5, low rider 2WD) and it was a brilliant little engine for what it was… and a blast in the wet as you say…. It’s why I couldn’t believe the 2.2 in the newer one was actually decently worse…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it wasn't for the fact I just couldn't stand the brutal ride quality of the PK, I would have kept it a little longer. Not one thing went wrong in the 6 years I owned that car, and I mean NOTHING. Not even a recall.

Ford knew what they were doing with the 2.2, making it so bad that anyone with a choice would have paid for the bigger 3.2. I say "with a choice" because many were aimed at lower cost fleet ownership, or in my case, not given the option to have the 3.2 without stepping up to a 4x4 high rider.

Don't read this to mean I hate my PX MK II, I really love it to be honest. It has just enough technology to be very easy to live with, the ride quality is very good for what it is, the seats are comfortable, it's easy to clean (highly important!) and it just takes all the abuse I throw at it. But the engine is it's biggest failing, especially with 100kg of tools in the tray and some nice big heavy bags of wet grass.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: