View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #164
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalo View Post
You'll be happy with Black Wolf. Mine is a canvas Turbo 300 Plus, few years old now but have had zero issues with it. Canvas makes it heavy, 33kg in the bag, and it's big
had a look at the turbo 300 plus to see if we can make it work for us, as its the biggest they do in canvas. unfortunately its just not quite big enough for what we want. how people go camping is a very personal thing, and we like to have the extra space for storage and also comes in handy if the weather is ordinary or at night, playing games with the family etc. thats why we are looking at the twin 300. shame they don't do a bigger one in canvas, but the other stuff is meant to be pretty good, just doesn't breath.

many reviews comment on the weight, but again, if you look at the early part of the thread, you'll notice i'm coming from a massive canvas (real HD canvas) 2 room cabin tent. thats 2 bags about 5foot long each. one for the tent and one for the poles, and about 30-40kg each, so for me, it will be a downsize to a nice LIGHT tent i have a falcon, so whenever i camp i'll always have a trailer, so space and weight isn't really an issue.

thanks for the pic of your tent though. it actually looks bigger than the one on display i looked at, but that wasn't pulled tight, so i might not completely cross it off the list just yet.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote