View Single Post
Old 18-04-2020, 12:50 PM   #4
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LS/LT reliability & cost of ownership?

Just to add, like any Ford product, it seems OEM is always the go regarding spares.

Having said that I did my engine mounts, all three for $160 and it dramatically changed how the car ran especially at idle. Ive had it since new, and it got to a point where it was a bit rough at idle. Not engine wise, but vibration wise. Also replaced the serpentine belt and tensioning wheel for I think $90 all up.

Oh, that reminds me, there IS another fault which is an easy fix. There is an assembly that has two vacuum actuators mounted on it near the battery. For the life of me I cant think of it's name. It has a couple of vac lines going into it and two electrical plugs. My scanner was throwing back a weird fault that I couldnt seem to find, and one of our local experts said to replace this part, and it worked a treat. Again about $50 all up.

I really love my LT, but I'm living in Adelaide now, and left it in Sydney as I was commuting 2 days a week and wanted a car up there. Just sitting now, outside my sister's place, being started once a week.

Hence my question about where you were? - and whether you wanted a manual or auto.