View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #74
REDDYZ

Default Re: The Oil Change Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKa
I notice you guys don't seem to be using oil which meets Ford's certifications - 5W-30 which meets Ford M2C913-B or M2C913-C (which succeeds -B).

I'm just wondering why not? Mobil Super FE 5W-30, Castrol Magnatec Professional A1 5W-30, Liqui-Moly LEICHTLAUF SPECIAL 5W-30 and Nulon Full Synth 5W-30 all meet either the -B or -C certification. Are these oils hard to find in stores, or too expensive? I haven't looked yet but am curious as to why you're using non-certified oils.
Mobil, Castrol, Nulon are the familiar and easy to find ones. Mobil is expensive, Castrol and Nulon are ok. However, Castrol Magnatec Professional A1 5W-30 that you mentioned is only synthetic based but not fully synthetic and I haven't seen that before. Never heard or seen Liqui-Moly anywhere.

Instead, there is Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30 which is fully synthetic that you can buy under $40 for 5L lot of times. I have been using this since long and no issues so far. Keeps engine clean, oil stays fresh until 5000kms under tough conditions. I never let my car do more than 5000kms between oil changes. So, I don't how long does it last.

There are other brands that are good as well like Mainlube, Fuchs.. My car demands fully synthetic and have been using Castrol Edge 5W30 which is cheap and does the job for me.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote