View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #4
asteele-xr6

Default Re: Mondeo Titanium 2015 Petrol

I did 85,000km in mine, and it was rock solid.

Check the tyres very carefully - uneven wear could mean that even though the outside edge of the tyre looks good, the inside could be stuffed. Replacement tyres can be $400+ each, so you don't want to be replacing any if you can help it. I was regularly getting the alignment done, and even then didn't get full use out of my sets of tyres before they had to be replaced.

If buying from a dealer, ask them to apply the latest SYNC3 software update, and also ask for a map update too. Don't let them fob you off that the SYCN3 updates are done over wifi, they have a USB they insert which works and is quick too.

You would want to check the aircon is working and cold across all vents - if some vents are not cold, then there is a leak. I had no issues with mine.

Find out when the battery was last replaced - you will most likely need to replace it again at the 3yr mark.

Check that glass roof for any cracks or damage - I was told that the replacement is hideously expensive. I always worried what would happen on an unsealed road or hitting a pothole accidentally, but never had an issue.

The only other item I can think of is to suggest you start thinking about what you will plug into the 240v mains outlet you are going to get in the back! Very cool, but I don't think I ever got to use it!

Rock solid car, great balance of performance and all the latest features - but you are also (hopefully) getting very cheap running costs too.

Enjoy!
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: