View Single Post
Old 15-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #71
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: NSW mobile phone detection cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Wait! WTF ??? You have colour coded shackles in victoria ? FFS...
No. This was one of those urban myths going around about the police in various States pinging people for not having 'load rated' shackles, which are yellow. While they are recommended by several bodies (including the Caravan Industry Association) but as far as I am aware no State legislature requires their use and the NCOP certainly doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
That isn't saying much. DUI below 0.08 is fairly harmless (crash rates don't start going up until you reach this point), yet how many fines are handed out for 0.05-0.08 infringements?
Sorry but I'm not letting that piece of stupidity go unchallenged. Impairment has been proven to start at any level of alcohol absorption and the legally mandated level is only what is deemed 'acceptable risk' at the time. The fact that we were once 0.08 and are now 0.05 has no relevance and does not imply that levels between 0.05 and 0.08 are 'fairly harmless'. If you'd like links to the research then I'm happy to provide them.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: