View Single Post
Old 27-01-2021, 01:42 PM   #888
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I think with the uncertainty of borders opening/closing, a lot of people are opting for the local haunts now. What once was occasional visits by city folk are now being bombarded by those who dont really get into camping and looking for their next holiday fix. Just means seldom visited areas will now be over flowing with cashed up people who previously couldn't care less about Yorkes or anything much in SA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
while i do agree with what you say, I'm a bit more cautious in tarring all with the same brush. Yes, people are forced to holiday locally rather than travel, but they aren't all the types you portray.

On the positive, I think its very good for the well being of these communities. Tourism is what these places live on a lot of the time and this period will eventually pass, but at least these places are having an increase in patronage for a while. Its good from their perspective.
Yes and Yes. Port Lincoln was packed out with tourists both within and interstate over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, it is the dirty dozen that ruins it for the majority. One of our coastlines was smashed over the period with people driving over the scrub that holds it all together rather than using tracks, camping in spots not dedicated to camping and leaving rubbish behind - meanwhile its a small cohort of volunteers that look after this large area.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: