View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #30
DaveD_XB

Default Re: My XB Coupe RestoMod

Just thought I’d give a bit of an update for this thread… the old girl is off at the panel beaters now getting some much deserved TLC & I’m busy making lists of all the bits I need & ordering parts… hopefully when she’s painted & back in my garage I’ll have 90% of the bits needed.

I ordered my new wheels about 2 weeks ago & there is an 8 week lead time on them plus shipping, so it will be a while before they turn up now.. they are Repo’s of the Ford GT-40 & AC Cobra wheels, as shown above… I’ve always loved them & ever since I decided many many years ago not to make a Mad Max replica out of this car these have been the wheels I wanted to put on her.. I have a set of 17x8 for the fronts & 17x10.5 for the rears coming

Now with my Challenger getting a healthy 7mpg & having nowhere near as much HP as this build I figured that the stock fuel tank will not really be conducive to long drives.. so I bought a 36 gallon or 140 liter tank (depending where you’re from), it will bolt into the stock tank hole in the boot & drop down nicely.

It take the standard fuel sender & has AN fittings for larger fuel lines

It’s hard to get a good shot of the insides, but it has internal baffling & a swirl pot integrated also..

My car never had a center console in it when I got her, I did get one in another XB that I bought for spares, but that one was so badly damaged it wasn’t worth even trying to fix up… so a new one was bought so I’ll have somewhere to store my crap whilst driving… shame I’ll probably have to cut this one a bit to make it fit over the aftermarket shifter I’m installing

Another thing that I’ve decided to replace are all the rear light lenses as the Aussie sun has not been kind to them..

1972 Dodge Challenger R/T - Mopar Weekend Toy
1969 GTO - Pontiac Weekend Toy
DaveD_XB is offline   Reply With Quote