View Single Post
Old 25-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #182
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: FPV GTF Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully6 View Post
Regarding that article above, I was always confused as to why Ford didn't decide to slap in the F6 310 engine and running gear for the final FGX XR6 Turbo? Were they afraid it might take away sales from the XR8? Don't they have enough parts to meet demand? Whatever the case may be it's a shame that the F6/XR6T never got a special sending off from FPV/Ford like the GT and XR8 did. It provided such bang for buck with an insane amount of power and torque for over 8 years. It'd be a real shame if they don't do something special for it imo.
Cost of XR6T VS F6... the internal upgrades and turbo cost money. Its not simply boosting it up. Remember, they have to pass reliability testing and FPV had a different standard to Ford global.

The XR8 is a lot more expensive than a XR6T for this reason. Pricing the XR6T closer to XR8 money wouldnt be a good business decision. $10k drive away price difference. I'd say the XR6T would be $5k extra to have the F6 parts (speculating) and that would put it above the SS by a big margin which isnt a good business case.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote