View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #554
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Hey fellow campers, hope your long weekend has given you the opportunity to get outdoors.
I just got back from 3 nights up at rocky Paddock in Mt Crawford forest.
Would have been nice to have stayed on ill tomorrow but the long range forecast had rain on the radar for today and they weren't wrong, so I went a day earlier, heading up Thursday between my split shifts, set up my camper and travelled back down for my last shift for the week.
Being only 37 minutes from site to my front door makes it so easy to do.

Glad we did in the end because we managed to get a prime spot on flat ground with plenty of room for the variety of vehicles and accommodation amongst the group, by Friday lunchtime the park ranger had put out signs at the entrance telling late arrivals that the campground was full but people were still flocking in late last night and setting up anywhere they could find vacant ground, must have been 300 people up there but you wouldn't really know it as they were well behaved.

Thursday night was bitterly cold with temperatures around 1* overnight but apart from that it was beautiful conditions for the time of the year and being a long weekend was like all the stars lining up.

Had a new couple come away with us this time for their first real camping experience, cooked them baked spuds in the fire and they were hooked and keen to plan the next getaway.

Got up this morning and began packing the camper away before the rain came down and couldn't have timed it better, first drops fell as I hooked it on the back of the Terri.
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: